Why you should guest blog, even if you are not a writer!
Written by: Romilaa
Guest blogging explains to, writing articles or blog posts for other websites/blogs. There are numerous websites that necessitate original posts on topics which are pertinent to them. The guest blogger may or may not have a website that has some relevance to the blogging site, allowing for a mutual benefit. Blogging site permits for back links in the author’s bio to make certain that the writer is a genuine one and at the same time the links make certain that the guest blogger can take advantage of the traffic that the site draws.
Have you ever thought how helpful Guest Blogging is even if you are not a writer? As someone who has been blogging from the past 13years, I am often asked tips how can one grow their personal brand and my instant answer has always been guest blogging. It is a tried and tested suggestion. I have experienced how powerful it can be for anyone (not essentially you need to be a professional writer) from a big shot famous author to a newbie entrepreneur and it’s even been one of the main marketing drivers for my own brand’s growth.
My advice: Don’t let that fact that you are NOT a writer stop you from writing a guest blog post.
Here are five reasons why you should guest blog and no matter how often (or rarely) but you should for your own benefits.
1. Whether you are guest blogging about food, fitness or politics, the more you offer attention-grabbing topics, the more people will consider you. And next whenever any reader is out looking for people on the topics you have blogged you will be approached. Guest blogging is a great bio builder. Nothing adds trustworthiness to your profile like a list of respected places where your work has been featured.
2. Through guest blogging (and introducing yourself) you will make networking connections, grow your business and increase awareness in your area. I consider guest blogging to be one of the most impactful marketing platforms. It helps you write better, richer, more relevant pieces of content. Blogging for unlike readers means you’re getting response from those readers, who have altering outlook, proficiency and points. Think of the Google-sphere point. Make it as easy for people to get to know you and your work online. Whether it is for a job or pitching yourself to be a part of any event, the first thing the person on the other end is going to do is Google you. If his search shows up blogs from list of reputable brands, he will consider you than others.
3. No doubt you need traffic (if you have a blog) guest blogging gets you hits if you include links back to your website throughout your post. This drives readers to your blog/website and raises your search engine rankings considerably, making it easier for people to find you.
4. Relations are vital if you want to endure in internet world. Building relations must be one of your tasks if you want to discover and influence the readers of other bloggers. By submitting quality posts on blogs and intermingling with their readers in comment section will get you only good. This strengthens your relations with the owner of the blog which you can use for your gain.
5. Have no doubt that the social networking websites are incalculably moving the websites that are being ranked. While you update your Twitter feed or Facebook wall with the guest blogging news, many people outside and inside your network, who are familiar with your work might also be interested in becoming a regular reader of your articles in the blog/website you write for. Features like Re-tweet, Likes and Shares on social media would help you in publicizing your writings as well as the blog. This way the writer, the readers and owner of the blog/website would be benefitted in a major way.
Guest blogging is an exceptional means of communicating with the right people for the right reasons. You or the blog owner cannot ignore its benefits. It offers up-and-coming writers a chance to convey themselves via guest blogs which otherwise they would not have an opportunity to do. Keeping the above given reasons in mind I would advise work your way towards introducing Guest blogging feature in your website/blog if you don’t have it and if you are a writer, try to hunt for blogs who accepts guest posts (mine is one of them – Yes I accept guest posts from old-new-experienced-inexperienced writers throughout the year).
Let us connect over this post. I would love to know your feedback and get in touch with me if you want to get published in my blog.
Romilaa @Novemberschild is a thirty plus experienced blogger who has been around since 2004. She is a voracious reader, e-book author, devoted coffee-drinker, avid thinker and a fashion lover who has a huge collection of bags. Music is her passion and you can find her writing most of the time. She is extremely friendly, helpful and a happy person. She accepts bouquets and brickbats on her writings. She blogs at Novemberschild.com and can be connected on Twitter @romspeaks.
Author: Shuchi Singh Kalra