This one took a longer time in coming than I had anticipated. But blame it on that dastardly hurricane which tore so callously through my home state right in the middle of the festive season. Also you can go right ahead and blame the dubious state of broadband connectivity of our country. Deplorable!
- Do some research into the websites of competitors, introspect and come up with pertinent, short and keyword rich titles and meta descriptions. These may have lost some of the allure but still are pretty important to SEO.
- Select keyphrases which are two words long. For example go for black shoes instead of shoes or black penny loafer shoes. Why? Think about it and let me know in the comments section. The reason is fairly simple and if are going to be a competent SEO you must start thinking like one.
- Now comes the magic juice: With Hummingbird value content is king! Google has decided that it will no longer pay very close attention to keywords and all the technical jargon. If your content is engaging and it can strike a chord with the readers, your site or blog will rise meteorically through the ranks of the search engine result’s page. So gird your loin and get to work. Research and an interesting narrative are your best friends from this moment on.
- Just to pay lip service to the hallowed concept of keywords ensure that you have a target keyword or keyphrase density of 2%. So if your post is hundred inspired words long, you should have your keyword in there twice- once in the introduction and once in the conclusion. Obviously it also has to figure prominently in your blog post title or heading and your Meta description and page title. I know it sounds a tad bit confusing so follow the screenshots.
- And last but not the least, ensure that your posts and content fall in one of three categories: educational, instructional and transactional. Include a blog section in the website you are writing copy for and ensure that it has posts with provocative question based titles like “Is the iphone 5 the best in its class?” People are bound to search with this exact search term and your content will hit the Bull’s eye. Also include a tutorials section and upload videos themed with the How-To like “How to format your Mac”. These will satisfy all the instructional queries people are likely to input into the search engine. And it goes without saying that you must have transactional pages with headings like “Buy the latest iphone online” because most search engine users do gravitate towards such search phrases when contemplating a buy.